Communications Associate: Visual Designer
The Communications Associate: Visual Designer is an integral part of the communications team at Equitech Futures. This person is responsible for producing high-quality social media designs, videos, and marketing materials.
The position offers immense creative autonomy and growth opportunities in the field. It will also provide access to our global team and community of alumni, academics, and industry experts. Someone with a penchant for education and social impact would find themselves to be a perfect fit in the organization.
About Equitech Futures
Equitech Futures is a digital campus for innovators from around the world who want to use tech for social impact. Through the Equitech Scholars Program, Institutes, and Research Labs, we identify and cultivate the next generation of technology leaders who want to tackle pressing social challenges. Our research network brings together academics, technologists, and practitioners to design and deploy new technology and policy solutions. We take a “problems first” approach to research: identifying and understanding the problems and then building solutions in consultation with communities and experts.
The role of the Communications Associate would include the following duties
- Conducting research on industry-related trends in order to develop original content.
- Liaising with partners, faculty, and alumni to source media collateral.
- Assisting the Social Media & Marketing Manager in curating the monthly editorial and social media calendar.
- Creating designs and videos for social media and marketing. (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Discord)
- Collaborating with the Content Writer to illustrate articles and posts, and on-time delivery.
- Graphic design for advertising campaigns.
- Creating templates for presentations, program pages on Notion, and other internal communication materials.
- Developing multimedia content in collaboration with the communications team for multiple platforms - company website, email marketing, videos, and blogs.
- Ensuring uniform visual identity across platforms.
What you’ll need to be a great candidate
- Bachelor's degree in digital design, film, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Portfolio of multimedia design.
- Experience working or volunteering in education, social service, or community contexts.
- A sincere interest in learning more about cultural differences to empower our diverse student body around the world.
- Be an excellent collaborator and communicator with everyone around you.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, After Effects)
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Workspaces (Drive, Calendar, Spaces, Meet, Docs, Sheets), Airtable, and Zoom.
- Keen interest in leading social media platforms and an eye for aesthetics.
- A reliable internet connection since our teamwork is fully remote and online.
This contract position is global and fully remote. The pay is competitive with monthly contract work in the successful candidate’s local currency. There may be semi-annual opportunities for this contractor to join in-person events with program alumni and fellow Equitech Futures staff with travel expenses paid by the company.